VFS EMBRACES MESH ALARM TRANSMISSION AS TELEPHONE LANDLINES DISAPPEAR
Due to technological advances, changes in consumer preferences and market forces, both Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) and Public Switch Telephone Service (PTSN) are on the road to becoming obsolete. So why is this happening and what does it mean to a business for their fire alarm monitoring?
There are several main reasons that landlines are disappearing:
- Large landline companies don’t want to maintain expensive copper networks. This old infrastructure served its purpose but has quickly become outdated.
- For businesses, landlines are expensive. The newer IP phone systems offer a wider range of phone options (including conferencing, long distance and international calling) at a much lower cost.
- Internet Protocol telephone systems offer increased flexibility. Setup is inexpensive and offices do not have to be hard wired.
- Internet Protocol systems also offer lower overall costs for day to day usage.
So now that we know that traditional landline phone systems are going away, what does this mean for fire alarm monitoring systems that have traditionally relied on this technology? The answer is Mesh Radio. This type of communication network is made up of radio nodes organized in a mesh topology. Wireless mesh networks often consist of mesh clients, mesh routers and gateways. The mesh clients are often laptops, cell phones and other wireless devices while the mesh routers forward traffic to and from the gateways which may, but need not, be connected to the Internet. A mesh network is reliable and offers redundancy. When one node can no longer operate, the rest of the nodes can still communicate with each other, directly or through one or more intermediate nodes.
With all these changes, VFS has implemented LiNCnet monitoring that uses mesh radio for reliable, fast and secure delivery of critical event signals. We know that your alarm system is only as reliable as its ability to transmit signals to the central monitoring station. Because traditional phone systems are disappearing, VFS is using mesh technology to offer high reliability and significantly faster signal transmission speed which gives you quickest response time. Mesh Technology provides:
- High reliability
- Fast transmission speed
- NFPA complaint and UL listed solutions
- Multiple Path Smart Routing
- Easy installation and maintenance
Contact VFS today and protect your people, property, and business with our secure wireless alarm communication network dedicated to alarm monitoring.