Get it together and inspect your building more than once a year!
You’ll thank us later.
Owning a commercial building comes with a lot of responsibilities — that doesn’t mean you should slack on simple inspections.
VFS believes that your fire protection systems are only as effective as the inspections on them.
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) code, quarterly and yearly inspections of your fire and life safety systems are mandatory. In addition, some components of a system, like a fire pump, require weekly and monthly inspections.
It is best to consult your VFS Account Executive for details. Having your building inspected by trained and certified inspectors will help keep your safety systems in good working order.
Hot Inspection Tips
- Annual inspections are required for all fire and life safety systems. But, once a year isn’t the best option for overall safety of employees and the buildings.
- Some systems or components of a system may require more frequent inspections like monthly or quarterly.
- Inspectors should be certified by a nationally recognized organization.
- Inspectors should wear company clothing or nametags identifying them as professionals authorized to be in the building.
- Your inspection reports should deliver the following information:
- Location of every device in building
- Whether each device passed or failed inspection and why
- Date/time stamp when each device was inspected
- Device inventory & warranty status
- Indication of length of time devices have been in service
- Verification of report results
- Detailed inspection reports are excellent supporting documents for insurance companies or authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs).
- Make sure your employees or building tenants are aware of a scheduled inspection 24 hours in advance.
- For Fire Alarm Systems, audio/visual testing may interfere with trainings, meetings or site visits.
- Let inspectors know of any construction or remodeling, and additions or problems to the fire protection systems in your building since the last inspection.
We tell you what’s due, when it’s due and why it’s due. At VFS, we constantly communicate with your team to keep you up-to-date on the latest information within your facilities. Fortify your building with reliable fire protection systems inspected and maintained by the experts at VFS!